1. Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Cover and set aside.
2. Boil the frozen peas for 2 to 3 minutes, then drain and add to quinoa.
3. Heat a heavy skillet to medium, and then add sunflower seeds. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes until they start to brown and give off a rich fragrance. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in the same skillet and sauté garlic for a minute, until fragrant.
5. Add asparagus to skillet. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add the cooked quinoa with peas, along with the diced red peppers into the pan. Mix well, season with salt and pepper to taste, then divide mixture evenly onto 4 plates. Sprinkle toasted sunflower seeds and fresh parsley on top of each serving.